See Figure 1
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the front wheels.
- Remove the caliper and suspend it out of the way without disconnecting the brake hose.
- Disconnect the lower ball joint from the knuckle.
- Disconnect the tie rod end from the steering knuckle.
- Using a two-jawed puller, press the axle shaft from the hub.
- Unbolt the strut from the knuckle.
- Remove the knuckle assembly.
Perform final tightening of all components when the vehicle is on the ground at proper ride height.
Install the knuckle assembly and tighten bolts as follows:
Strut-to-knuckle bolts-65-76 ft. lbs. (95-105 Nm) for Accent, Excel, Scoupe and Sonata.
- Install the axle shaft into the hub.
Install the axle shaft nut and tighten as follows:
145-188 ft. lbs. (200-260 Nm) for Excel, Scoupe, Sonata and 1994-95 Elantra
- Install the brake caliper.
- Install the front wheels
- Lower the vehicle