There are no methods currently available to field test an ECU. Most field testing usually involves testing the components and circuits associated with the ECU in addition to all ECU power and ground circuits. If all components and circuits are functional, substituting a known good ECU is a common practice.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Ensure that the ignition switch is OFF throughout the procedure.
- Disconnect the multi-pin connector from the control unit.
- Remove the 4 retaining bolts and remove the control unit from the left fenderwell
- Place the control unit in position and tighten the retaining bolts.
- Connect the multi-pin connector and secure.
- Turn ignition switch ON and verify operation of control unit.