- Disconnect the modulator electrical harness.
- Check resistance between terminals 1-5, 2-6, 3-7 and 4-8.
- Resistance should be 3.10-3.34 ohms.
- If resistance is not within specification, modulator may be faulty.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Disconnect the ABS relay box, motor pump and modulator harnesses.
- Disconnect the brake lines from the modulator.
- Remove the relay box.
- Remove the modulator.
Never attempt to disassemble the modulator. There are no user serviceable parts in the modulator. When transporting or storing the modulator, keep it in an upright position with all ports sealed. The modulator should never be drained.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Tighten modulator mounting bolts to 12-19 ft. lbs. (17-26 Nm).
- Tighten brake line fittings to 9-12 ft. lbs. (13-17 Nm).
- Bleed the brake system.