REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5Except Sonata
- As required, remove the rear console mounting screws and remove the rear console.
- Unscrew the shifter knob from the shifter lever. Remove the shifter lever boot (manual transaxles) or the shift lever indicator plate (automatic transaxles).
- Remove the front console retaining screws, disconnect the wiring and remove the console.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
See Figure 6
- Gently pry the front console trim plate up on one side and loosen one of the retaining screws to gain access to the outside mirror control switch electrical connector. Disconnect the connector.
- Remove the rear console by removing the two retaining screws.
- Unscrew the shifter knob from the shifter lever.
- Remove the four screws that attach the front console to the front and center mounting brackets.
- Pull the front console out and disconnect the disconnect the ashtray lamp and cigarette lighter electrical connectors from their respective sockets.
- Remove the front console protectors from the front bracket by removing the two retaining screws on each side.
- Install the front console protectors.
- Connect the cigarette lighter and ashtray lamp connectors to the front console and position the console onto the mounting brackets.
- Install the front console mounting screws.
- Screw the shifter knob onto the shifter lever.
- Install the rear console.
- Connect the outside mirror control switch and install the front console trim plate.