REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Label and disconnect the spark plug wires from the distributor cap.
Depending on the reason for removing the distributor cap, it may make more sense to leave the spark plug wires attached. This is handy if you are testing spark plug wires or if removal was necessary to access other components and wire play allows you to reposition the cap out of the way.
- Disengage the two spring clips or remove the two attaching screws attaching the cap to the distributor.
- Remove the cap and rotor from the distributor.
- Align the rotor on the distributor shaft and install by pressing into place.
- Align the distributor cap on the distributor and attach using the spring clips.
- Connect the spark plug wires to their proper terminals.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
See Figures 5 and 6
Clean the distributor cap and rotor. Carefully check all surfaces for cracks, carbon tracks, burns or other physical damage. Make sure the carbon button is free of damage. Check the cap terminals for dirt or corrosion. Check the rotor blade for and spring closely for damage. Replace components as necessary.