REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Tie Rod Ends
See Figures 1 through 6
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the front wheels.
- Loosen the tie rod end locknut.
- Remove the castle nut cotter pin and then remove the castle nut.
- Disconnect the tie rod ends front the steering knuckle with a separator tool (PN 09568-31000) or equivalent.
- Count the exact number of exposed threads on the tie rod ends and unscrew the tie rod end.
- Lubricate the tie rod threads and screw the tie rod ends into place so that the previously noted number of threads are visible with the locknut tightened to 44-59 ft. lbs. (60-80 Nm).
- Insert the tie rod ball joint stud into the steering knuckle and tighten the castle nut to 11-25 ft. lbs. (15-34 Nm).
- Install the front wheels.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Check the wheel alignment.