The ECM controls the vehicle engine operating system.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the lower inner trim.
- As required, detach the floor mat. As required, remove the protective cover.
- Remove the ECM bracket retaining nuts. Remove the clip from the bracket.
- Disconnect the connectors.
- Remove the ECM from the vehicle.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
NOTEWhen replacing the ECM, be careful not to use the wrong part number, as damage to the injection system could occur.