Clear Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) if applicable.
Inspect Coolant Temperature Sensor connector connection, check terminal for poor connections, loose wires, bent, broken or corroded pins, and then verify that the connector is always securely fastened.
- Slightly shake the connector and wiring harness vertically and horizontally.
- Repair or replace the Coolant Temperature Sensor as necessary.
- Remove the sensor from the engine.
- With the sensing portion of the sensor immersed in hot water, check the resistance.
- Specification should be 0.3 kohm at 176 degrees F.
- Replace the sensor, as required.