Removal & Installation
Do not perform this procedure with the engine hot, wait until the engine is cool or cold.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Turn the ignition OFF.
- Remove the oil pressure sensor electrical connector.
- Remove the oil pressure sensor.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure and tighten the sensor to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
Clear Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) if applicable.
Inspect Oil Pressure Sensor connector connection, check terminal for poor connections, loose wires, bent, broken or corroded pins, and then verify that the connector is always securely fastened.
- Slightly shake the connector and wiring harness vertically and horizontally.
- Repair or replace the Oil Pressure Sensor if component shows to have a physical problem.