Removal & Installation
Use fender covers to avoid damaging painted surfaces.
To avoid damage, unplug the wiring connectors carefully while holding the connector portion.
Mark all wiring and hoses to avoid misconnection.
- Remove the air duct.
- Disconnect the negative terminal from the battery.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Disconnect the AFS connector .
- Remove the PCV(Positive Crankcase ventilation) hose and breather hose.
- Disconnect the breather hose from air cleaner hose.
- Remove the intake air hose and air cleaner assembly.
- Remove the spark plug wires.
- Remove the cylinder head cover.
Remove the cylinder head cover gasket and thoroughly clean the cylinder head surface (where the gasket rests) and the cylinder head cover whether you are replacing the gasket only or the entire cover.
Before installing the head cover gasket, thoroughly clean the head cover gasket and the groove.
When installing, make sure the head cover gasket is seated securely in the corners of the recesses with no gap.
- Install the cylinder head cover gasket (A) in the groove of the cylinder head cover (B).
Apply liquid gasket to the head cover gasket at the corners of the recess.
NOTEUse liquid gasket-Loctite No. 5999.
- Check that the mating surfaces are clean and dry before applying liquid gasket
- Install the cylinder head cover (A) with the 12 bolts (B).
Uniformly tighten the bolts in several passes. Tightening torque: 6-7.4lbf.ft (8-10Nm).
- Install the spark plug wires.
- Connect the breather hose from air cleaner hose.
- Install the PCV(Positive Crankcase ventilation) hose and breather hose.
- Connect the AFS connector.
- Install the intake air hose and air cleaner assembly.
- Install the engine cover.
- Connect the negative battery cable to the negative battery terminal.
- Install the air duct.