Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Remove the control arm.
- Using tools 09551-3100 and 09216-21100, remove the bushing.
- Using a suitable prytool and remove the dust cover from the ball joint.
- Remove the snap-ring.
- Remove the ball joint from the arm using a plastic hammer.
- Install the ball joint.
- Install the bushings into the arm using the appropriate tools. Make sure that the ball joint flange is supported while pressing down on the bushing until the flange touches the arm surface.
- Install the ball joint snap-ring. Be careful to keep the snap-ring expansion as small as possible during installation.
- Apply multi-purpose grease to the dust cover lip and inside of the cover.
- Using tool 09545-11000, install the dust cover until it is completely seated on the snap ring.
- Install the control arm.