This sensor is located in the air intake plenum assembly. This sensor is combined with the MAF sensor.
This sensor is a resistor based sensor which detects the intake air temperature. According to the intake air temperature reading the ECM will control the necessary amount of fuel injection.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the connector from the sensor.
- Remove the sensor retaining screws, as required.
- Remove the air cleaner and air intake assembly, as required.
- Remove the sensor from its mounting.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF.
- Disconnect the sensor connector.
- Measure the resistance between terminals 1 and 5 (component side).
- Specification should be 2.35-3.54 kohms at 68 degrees F.
- If within specification, check for poor connection between the PCM and the component.
- If not, substitute the sensor with a known good component, check for proper operation. If problem corrected replace the sensor.
- Remove the sensor connector.
- Measure the voltage between the sensor terminal 1 and 2.
- Specification should be 2.35-2.54 volts at 68 degrees F.
- Replace the sensor, as required.