Accessory Belt Routing
- Loosen the tension mounting bolt (B).
- Turn the adjusting bolt to obtain the proper belt tension, then retighten the mounting bolt.
Recheck the deflection of the drive belt.
Inspect the drive belt for signs of glazing or cracking. A glazed belt will be perfectly smooth from slippage, while a good belt will have a slight texture of fabric visible. Cracks will usually start at the inner edge of the belt and run outward. All worn or damaged drive belts should be replaced immediately.
Removal & Installation
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the engine splash shield.
- Rotate the drive belt tensioner clockwise to release the drive belt tension.
- Remove the drive belt from the alternator.
- Slowly release the drive belt tensioner.
- Remove the drive belt from the accessory drive pulleys.
- Install the drive belt to the accessory drive pulley.
- Rotate the drive belt tensioner clockwise.
- Install the drive belt to the alternator.
- Ensure the drive belt is properly aligned and seated into the grooves of the accessory drive pulleys.
- Slowly release the drive belt tensioner
- Install the engine splash shield.
- Lower the vehicle.