Removal & Installation
- Remove the engine cover.
- Remove RH front wheel.
Remove 2 bolts (B) and RH side cover (A).
- Remove the engine mount bracket.
Set the jack to the engine oil pan.
NOTEPlace wooden block between the jack and engine oil pan.
Remove the bolt (B), 3 nuts (C, D) and engine mount bracket (A).
Remove the bolt (B) and stay plate (A).
Temporarily loosen the water pump pulley bolts.
- Remove alternator belt.
- Remove air compressor belt.
- Remove power steering belt.
- Remove 4 bolts and water pump pulley.
- Remove the 4 bolts and timing belt upper cover.
- Turn the crankshaft pulley, and align its groove with timing mark T of the timing belt cover.
Remove the crankshaft pulley bolt (B) and crankshaft pulley (A).
Remove the crankshaft flange (A).
Remove the 5 bolts (B) and timing belt lower cover (A).
- Install timing belt lower cover and secure with the 5 bolts. Tighten and torque to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install crankshaft flange.
- Install crankshaft pulley and secure with the crankshaft pulley bolt. Tighten and torque to 125-133 ft. lbs. (170-180 Nm).
- Install the timing belt upper cover and secure with the 4 bolts. Tighten and torque to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the water pump pulley and loosely secure with the 4 bolts.
- Install the power steering, the air compressor and the alternator belts.
- Tighten all 4 water pump pulley bolts to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the stay plate and bolts. Tighten and torque to 55 ft. lbs. (69 Nm).
- Install engine mounting brackets, secure with bolts and nuts. Tighten and torque to 80 ft. lbs. (94 Nm).
- Lower the jack and remove from under the vehicle.
- Install the RH side cover and secure with 2 bolts.
- Install the RH front wheel.
- Install the engine cover.