Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the cooling system.
Remove or disconnect the following:
NOTEThe water pump bolts are different lengths. Note the bolt location for assembly.
Negative battery cable
Install the water pump with new gasket. Tighten the bolts to the following specifications:
- 2.0L engine = 15-20 ft. lbs. (20-27 Nm).
- 2.7L engine = 11-16 ft. lbs. (15-22 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
Alternator bracket, 2.0L engine only
- Fill the cooling system to the proper level.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.