Removal & Installation
- Loosen the wheel nuts slightly. Raise the front of the vehicle, and make sure it is securely supported.
Remove the front wheel and tire from front hub.
CAUTIONBe careful not to damage the hub bolts then remove the front wheel and tire.
- Remove the split pin, then remove castle nut and washer from the front hub while applying the brake.
- Remove the caliper mounting bolts, and hang the caliper assembly to one side. To prevent damage to the caliper assembly or brake hose, use a short piece of wire to hang the caliper from the undercarriage.
- Remove the wheel speed sensor from the knuckle.
- Disconnect the tie rod end ball joint from the knuckle using the special tool (09568-34000).
- Remove the split pin.
- Remove the castle nut.
- Disconnect the ball joint from knuckle using the special tool (09568-34000).