Removal & Installation
- Loosen the wheel nuts slightly. Raise the rear of the vehicle and make sure it is securely supported.
Remove the rear wheel and tire from rear hub.
CAUTIONBe careful not to damage the hub bolts when removing the rear wheel and tire.
- Remove the speed sensor cable mounting bolt and speed sensor.
- Remove the stabilizer bar link nut.
- Remove the strut upper mounting nut.
- Remove the strut lower mounting bolts and then remove the strut assembly.
- Place strut assembly in a vise.
- Using the special tool (09546-26000), compress the coil spring until there is only a little tension on the strut.
- Remove the self-locking nut from the strut.
- Remove the pipe, insulator, spring seat, coil spring and dust cover from the strut.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.