Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the transfer case.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Support the transfer case assembly with a suitable jack.
- Remove the transfer case mounting bolts and slowly lower the transfer case assembly from the vehicle.
Ensure that the transaxle is secured properly to the transmission jack.
- Position the transaxle onto a transmission jack and secure the transaxle to the jack.
- Install the transaxle into the vehicle.
- Install the transfer case mounting bolts and tighten to