It may be necessary to remove the glove box assembly to gain clearance for the blower motor removal and installation. The blower motor is located behind the glove box, facing the floor.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove all panels and ducting necessary to gain access to the blower motor.
- Disconnect the blower motor harness wiring connectors.
Remove the blower motor retaining screws and lower the motor/wheel from the intake housing.
NOTEOn some models, release the clips that attach the blower casing to the intake housing to remove the blower motor.
- Transfer the old blower wheel to the shaft of the new motor.
- Raise the blower/wheel assembly up and onto the intake housing. Use a new gasket, if required.
- Install the blower motor retaining screws or lock the clips.
- Connect the blower motor wiring.
- Install all ducting and panels.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Check the blower for proper operation at all speeds.