Hydraulic System Bleeding
Bleeding is required to remove air trapped in the hydraulic system. The bleed screw is located on the clutch slave (release) cylinder.
- Remove the bleed screw dust cap.
- Attach a transparent vinyl tube to the bleed screw, immersing the free end in a clean container of clean brake fluid.
- Fill the clutch master cylinder with the proper fluid.
- Slowly depress the clutch pedal all the way several times and hold it down.
- Have an assistant open the bleeder valve about 3 / 4 turn to release the air. Then close the bleeder valve while the pedal is still depressed.
- Repeat the above procedure until no more air bubbles are seen in the fluid container.
- Remove the bleed tube.
- Replace the dust cap and refill the master cylinder.
- Bleed the clutch damper, if equipped.