Removal & Installation
3.0L (VQ30DE) Engine
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the radiator cap and drain the radiator via the drain plug in the bottom tank.
- Remove the upper radiator hose.
- Disconnect the fan electrical connectors. Remove the fan/shroud assembly from the radiator.
- Install and position the fan/shroud assembly in the vehicle and connect it to the radiator. Tighten the mounting bolts to 3-4 ft. lbs. (3.7-4.7 Nm).
- Connect the electrical connectors to the cooling fans.
- Using new clamps, install the upper hose.
- Refill the cooling system with 50/50 antifreeze/water mix and bleed the system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Run engine and check the cooling system for leaks and verify the operation of the cooling fans.