Removal & Installation
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
Raise and support the vehicle.
WARNINGMake certain vehicle is properly supported when raising engine.
Raise the engine slightly to take the tension off the motor engine mounts.
NOTEWhen raising the engine to replace the engine mounts, DO NOT place the jack directly under the oil pan or the crankshaft torsional damper. Use a block of wood between engine and jack to prevent damage at jacking point.
- Remove the through bolt nut(s) and through bolt(s).
- Remove the engine mount-to-engine block bolts.
Raise the engine enough to remove the engine mount(s) and remove the engine mount(s).
NOTEOnly raise the engine enough to remove the mounts. Raising the engine too far could result in damage to some engine components.
- Install the engine mount(s) and engine mount-to-engine block bolts. Tighten the bolts to correct specification.
- Lower the engine enough to install the engine mount through bolt(s) and nut(s). Tighten the through bolts to correct specification.
- Lower the vehicle and connect the negative battery cable.