Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Raise and safely support the vehicle.
NOTEIf necessary, soak the exhaust pipe retaining nuts with penetrating oil to loosen them.
- Disconnect the exhaust manifolds from the exhaust pipes.
- Remove the protective covers from the manifolds.
- Remove the exhaust manifold-to-engine mounting nuts. Remove the manifolds from the engine an discard the gaskets.
- Clean all gasket mounting surfaces. Install new gaskets.
- Install the exhaust manifold to the engine and tighten the mounting nuts in two progressive steps to 22-24 ft. lbs. (30-32 Nm).
- Install the protective shields and tighten the mounting bolts in two progressive steps to 46-57 inch lbs. (5.1-6.5 Nm).
- Install the exhaust manifolds to the exhaust pipes and tighten the mounting nuts to 32-37 ft. lbs. (43-50 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable, start the engine, and check for exhaust leaks.