Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the right front wheel assembly.
- Remove the engine undercovers and remove the inner cover from the right front wheel.
- Remove the engine drive belts.
- Remove the bolt that secures the crankshaft pulley and remove the pulley.
Using a suitable tool, pry the oil seal from the front cover.
NOTEWhen removing the oil seal, be careful not the gouge or scratch the seal bore or crankshaft surfaces.
- Wipe the seal bore with a clean rag.
- Lubricate the lip of the new seal with clean engine oil.
- Install the seal into the front cover with a suitable seal installer.
- Install the crankshaft pulley and tighten the mounting bolt to 14-22 ft. lbs. (20-29 Nm). Turn the crankshaft bolt an additional 60-66 degrees clockwise.
- Install and adjust the engine drive belts.
- Install the engine covers and install the right front wheel.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.