Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the left side cylinder head cover ornament.
NOTEBefore disconnecting any hoses or connectors, note the locations for reassembly.
- Remove the air duct to intake manifold hose, collector hose, blow-by hose, and vacuum hoses.
- Remove the fuel hoses and disconnect the harness connections.
- Disconnect the canister purge hoses.
- Disconnect and remove all six ignition coils from the spark plugs. Remove the spark plugs.
- Remove the bolts that secure the EGR tube and remove the tube.
- Remove the intake manifold collector supports and remove the collector.
- Remove the bolts that secure the intake manifold to the engine block and remove the manifold. Loosen the bolts in the reverse sequence of the tightening procedure.
- Remove the LH and RH cylinder head covers from the cylinder head in reverse sequence.
- Clean all gasket material from the mating surfaces.
- With the cover mating surface clean, apply a 0.12 inch (3mm) continuous bead of liquid gasket to the rocker covers and install the covers. Tighten the mounting bolts in sequence as follows:
Using new gaskets, install the intake manifold. Tighten the nuts and bolts in sequence and in two stages as follows:
- Bolts and nuts-Tighten to 44-86 inch lbs. (5-10 Nm)
- Bolts and nuts-Tighten to 16-18 ft. lbs. (22-25 Nm)
- Install the fuel tube assembly and tighten the bolts to 15-20 ft. lbs. (21-26 Nm).
- Install the intake manifold collector assembly and tighten the mounting bolts to 16-18 ft. lbs. (22-25 Nm). Install the intake manifold collector support brackets.
- Install the spark plugs and the ignition coils.
- Install the rocker cover ornament.
- Install the water hoses to the cylinder head and intake manifold.
- Connect the canister purge hoses.
- Connect the fuel hoses and wiring harness connections to the fuel rail.
- Connect the negative battery cable.