Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the ball joint socket nuts connecting the stabilizer bar to the lower control arm.
- Remove the 4 stabilizer bar bracket bolts and then pull the bar from the vehicle.
- Make sure the stabilizer ball joint socket is positioned properly.
Install the stabilizer bar and mounting brackets. Never fully tighten the mounting bolts unless the vehicle is resting on the ground with normal weight upon the wheels. Be sure the stabilizer bar ball joint socket is properly positioned.
NOTEWhen installing the stabilizer bar, make sure the paint mark and the bushings are aligned. Make sure the clamp is facing in the right direction.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Bounce the vehicle to stabilize the suspension. Torque the stabilizer bar bracket bolts to 36-43 ft. lbs. (49-59 Nm)
- Torque the nuts connecting the stabilizer bar to the control arm to 30-35 ft. lbs. (40-47 Nm)