- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the fuel hoses from the fuel filter, located at the right side of the engine compartment.
- Remove the filter mounting screws and remove from the vehicle.
- Inspect all hoses and clamps for damage of any type. Replace parts, as required.
- The fuel filters are directional and should be installed with the arrow facing the direction of fuel flow.
- Install a new filter in the bracket and install new hose clamps
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Start vehicle and check for fuel leaks.
NOTEOn some vehicles, a code will be set and/or the check engine light will remain on after starting the vehicle. This is because a code was set for an open fuel pump circuit when the fuel pressure was released. If you did not disconnect the negative battery cable during this procedure, do it now so the code will be erased. The negative battery cable should be disconnected for at least 1 minute. Also, remember to reset the clock and radio stations when finished.