When replacing fuel system components, be sure to observe the following:
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Release the fuel pressure from the fuel line.
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Drain the fuel from the fuel tank.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the fuel pump module.
Remove the quick connector:
- Put mating marks on the tubes and connectors prior to removal to aid in installation.
Hold the sides of the connector, push in the tabs, and pull out the tube inserted in the retainer.
NOTEThe tube can be removed when the push-in tabs are completely depressed. Do not twist the tube more than necessary. Do not use any tools to remove the quick connector. Keep the connecting portion of the tube and the quick connector clean.
- Disconnect the filler hose, vent hose, and evaporation hose at the fuel tank side.
- Remove the fuel tank mounting band bolts while supporting the fuel tank.
- Remove the fuel tank from the vehicle.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.
Connect the quick connector as follows:
- Align the mating marks on the tubes and connectors made during removal.
- Align the push-in tabs with the retainer openings.
- Be sure that the connecting portion of the tube and the quick connector is clean and smooth.
- Insert the tube into the center of the connector until a click is heard.
- After connecting the quick connector, make sure the connection is firmly made using the following method: