Infiniti I30 1996-1997
- Safely raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the right wheel and splash shield.
- Loosen and remove the belt from the power steering pump pulley.
- Place a drain pan under the power steering pump and disconnect the hoses from the pump.
- Remove the power steering pump mounting bolts.
- Remove the pump from the vehicle.
- Position the pump on the mounting bracket and install the bolts. Do not tighten the bolts until the belt has been adjusted.
- Reconnect the hoses using new gaskets. Torque the pressure hose union bolt to 36-51 ft. lbs. (49-69 Nm).
- Place the belt on the pulley and adjust the belt tension. Torque the mounting bolts to 15-20 ft. lbs. (20-26 Nm).
- Install the splash shield and wheel.
- Safely lower the vehicle to the floor.
- Refill the reservoir and bleed the system.