- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system from the radiator and both sides of the engine block.
- Disconnect the radiator hose from the water inlet housing.
- Remove the water inlet housing mounting nuts. Separate the water inlet housing from the engine.
- Remove the thermostat from the thermostat housing.
- Clean the gasket mounting surfaces.
Install the thermostat into the thermostat housing with the thermostat spring facing toward the engine. Be sure to position the jiggle valve facing upward.
- Using a new gasket, install the water inlet housing and torque the water inlet housing mounting nuts to 74-99 inch lbs. (9-11 Nm).
- Connect the radiator hose to the water inlet housing. Be sure to use a new clamp.
- Refill the cooling system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine, bleed the cooling system, and allow it to reach normal operating temperatures. After cooling, check for leaks and recheck the coolant level.