REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the instrument cluster finish panel retaining screws, then remove the finish panel.
- On vehicles equipped with a tachometer, remove the lower trim panel retaining screws, then remove the lower trim panel.
- Remove the mask and lens mounting screws, then remove the cluster mask and warning lamp lens.
The lower flood lamp bulb filters are not secured and may fall out.
- On vehicles equipped with a tachometer, remove the two lower flood lamp bulb and socket assemblies.
The gauges are mounted to the main dial, and some effort may be required to pull the quick connect electrical terminals from the clips.
- Lift the main dial assembly from the instrument cluster assembly back plate.
- On column shift vehicles only, remove the two screws retaining the transmission range indicator to the main dial, them remove the transmission range indicator from the cluster.
- Manually rotate the fuel gauge pointer to align it with the slot in the dial. Remove the mounting screws and carefully pull the fuel gauge away from the dial, guiding the pointer through the slot.
- Carefully position the pointer parallel to the rectangular raised portion of the dial.
- Guide the pointer carefully through the slot in the main dial. Then position the fuel gauge on mounting bosses, then install the mounting screws. Tighten the screw to 8-12 inch lbs. (0.8-1.4 Nm).
- On column shift vehicles, install the transmission control selector indicator.
- Install the main dial assembly to instrument cluster back plate by aligning it on the guides. Press carefully and firmly to seat all electrical terminals.
- On vehicles equipped with a tachometer, install the two lower flood lamp bulb and socket assemblies.
- Position the mask and lens assembly, then install the cluster mask and warning lamp lenses retaining screws.
- Install the instrument finish panel.
- Connect the negative battery cable.