REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the instrument cluster from the vehicle.
- If equipped, remove the low fuel warning switch assembly by depressing the clip retaining assembly to the lower left of the (rear view) instrument cluster back plate, then remove the low fuel level warning switch.
- Remove all miniature bulb and instrument lamp panel socket assemblies by twisting counterclockwise.
- Remove the speedometer and gauges.
Do not overbend the retaining clips as they may break.
- Remove the retaining clips using long-nose pliers. Squeeze both ends of the clip equally so that the locking ears will slide through the clip opening in the instrument cluster back plate, then push the clips through the opening.
- After the clips are removed remove the printer circuit from its mounting.
- Position the instrument cluster printed circuit on the back plate and install the clips by bending the taps on the clips with fingers. Push the clips into the clip opening until the locking ears are locked into the back plate.
An audible "click'' will be heard when the clips are locked into position.
- Install the speedometer and gauges.
- Install all miniature bulb and instrument panel lamp socket assemblies into the instrument cluster back plate by twisting clockwise.
- If removed, position the low fuel level warning switch in the pocket slides, then push inward to fully snap the low fuel level warning switch in the instrument cluster.
- Install the instrument cluster. For details, please refer to the procedure located earlier in this section. heard.
- Connect the negative battery cable.