REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise the window to the full up position, if possible. If the glass cannot be raised and is in a partially down or full down position, it must be supported so that it will not fall into the door well during motor removal.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the door trim panel and watershield.
Before motor drive assembly removal, make sure that the regulator arm is in a fixed position to prevent dangerous counterbalance spring unwinding!
- Remove the two forward regulator mounting plate attaching rivets. Use a 1 / 4 in. (6mm) drill bit, then carefully drill out the attaching rivets.
- Remove the three window motor mounting screws.
- Push the regulator mounting plate outboard sufficiently to remove the power window motor.
- Position the motor and drive assembly to the power window regulator, then install the three retaining screws snug (NOT tight).
- Attach the window regulator electric drive wires at the connector, then cycle the door window glass to be sure of gear engagement. After the gears are engaged, tighten the three motor mounting screws to 50-84 inch lbs. (5.6-9.6 Nm).
- Install two new regulator mounting plate rivets (part No. 385189-S100 or equivalent) using Heavy Duty Riveter No. D80L-23200-A or equivalent.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Check the power window for proper operation.
- Install the door trim panel and the watershield.
Verify that all the drain holes at the bottom of the doors are open to prevent water accumulation over the motor.