REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the door trim panel and the watershield. For details, please refer to the procedure earlier in this section.
- Remove the inside door belt weatherstrip assembly.
- Lower the glass to access the holes in the door inner panel. Remove the two rivets retaining the glass to the glass channel bracket.
Prior to removing the center pins from the rivets, it is recommended that a suitable block support be inserted between the door outer panel and glass bracket to stabilize the glass during rivet removal. Remove the center pin from each rivet using a drift punch. Using a1/4in. (6mm) diameter drill, remove the remaining rivets. Use care when drilling out the rivets to prevent enlarging the bracket and spacer holes, and damaging the retainer.
- Loosen the nut and washer securing the door glass inner stabilizer.
- Remove the glass by tipping it forward, then removing it from between the door belt opening to the outer side of door.
- Remove the drill shavings and pins from the bottom of the door.
- Snap the plastic retainer and spacer into the two glass retainer holes. Ensure that the metal washer within the retainer assembly is on the outer side of the glass.
- Install the glass into the door at the belt. Ensure that the glass is set within the front and rear glass run retainers.
- Position the glass to the glass bracket. Install two new rivets to secure the glass to the glass bracket.
Two1/4-20 x 1 in. bolts and two1/4-20 nuts and washers may be used as alternates for glass retention. However, their torque must not exceed 36-61 inch lbs. (4-7 Nm). Equivalent metric retainers may be used.
- Install the inside door belt weatherstrip assembly.
- Raise the glass to within 3 in. (75mm) of the full-up position, then adjust glass as described in the following procedure.
- Install the door trim panel and watershield, as outlined earlier in this section.
See Figure 2
- Remove the door trim panel and the watershield.
- Lower the door glass approximately 3 in. (75mm) from the full-up position.
- Loosen the nut and washer assemblies A and B retaining the equalizer bracket to the door inner panel. Refer to the following door glass adjustment illustration.
- Loosen the nut and washer assembly C retaining the door glass stabilizer.
- With the door open, place your hands on each side of the glass and pull the glass fully into the door glass run assembly at the B-pillar.
- Tighten the nut and washer A , then apply a downward pressure on the equalizer bracket and tighten the nut/washer B to 5-8 ft. lbs. (7-11 Nm).
- Set the door glass stabilizer so that it is slightly touching the glass, then tighten the nut and washer assembly to 5-8 ft. lbs.
- Cycle the door glass to ensure proper function and door fit.
- Install the door trim panel and the watershield.