REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The glass bracket assembly and regulator assembly are installed into the vehicle as one assembly. The glass bracket assembly may be disassembled from the regulator.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the door trim panel and the watershield.
- Remove the inside door belt weatherstrip and the glass stabilizer.
- Remove the door glass. For details, please refer to the procedure later in this section.
- Remove the two nuts and washers attaching the equalizer bracket.
- Remove the three rivets (manual windows) or the four rivets (power windows) attaching the regulator base plate to the door inner panel.
- For vehicles equipped with power windows, disconnect the body main wiring.
- Remove the regulator and the glass bracket assembly from the vehicle.
- Working on a bench, carefully bend the tab flat to remove the arm slides from the glass bracket C-channel.
- Install the new regulator arm plastic guides into the glass bracket C-channel, then bend the tab back to 90° (use care not to break the tab). If the tab is cracked or broken, replace the glass bracket assembly. Ensure that the rubber bumper is installed properly on the new glass bracket, if a replacement is made.
- For vehicles equipped with power windows, remove the bolts retaining the window regulator electric drive to the front door regulator.
If the regulator counterbalance spring must be removed or replaced for any reason, ensure that the regulator arms are in a fixed position prior to removal, to prevent possible injury during C-spring unwinding.
- Install the window channel bracket onto the front door window regulator.
- For power windows, install the window regulator electric drive to the front door window regulator.
- Install the regulator with the pre-assembled glass bracket into the vehicle. Set the regulator base plate to the door inner panel using the base plate locator tab as a guide.
- Install the new pop rivets (385189-S100 or equivalent) to attach the regulator to the door inner panel.
- Install the equalizer bracket.
- Install the inside door belt weatherstrip and the glass stabilizer.
- Lower the regulator arms to the access holes in the door inner panel. Install the door glass, as outlined later in this section.
- If applicable, connect the body main wiring.
- Adjust the glass to ensure proper alignment with the glass run. Cycle the glass for smooth operation.
- Install the door trim panel and the watershield. Connect the negative battery cable.