REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- For 1986-91 vehicles, remove the front and rear seats. For details, please refer to the procedure later in this section.
- Remove the left and right-side visor retaining screws, then remove the sun visors. If equipped with a lighted vanity mirror, disconnect the electrical wires. Unfasten the sun visor arm clip retaining screws, then remove the arm clips.
- If equipped, remove the roof console. Remove all dome and reading lights.
- Snap out the assist strap trim covers. Remove the retaining screws (two screws each), then remove the straps from their mountings.
- Remove the center body pillar inside finish panel.
- If necessary, remove the weatherstrips at the door openings above the belt line. Remove the windshield side garnish moulding and front door scuff plate.
- Remove the coat hook covers and coat hooks.
- If equipped with a moonroof, remove the moonroof headlining retaining screws.
- On sedans, remove the rear roof side trim panel.
- On station wagons, remove the roof side inner moulding, the liftgate header rail garnish moulding, and the upper rear corner pillar finish panel.
- Remove the quarter trim panel.
- Remove the rear push pins, then remove the headliner from the vehicle.
The weatherstrip must overlap at the headlining and mouldings above the belt line.
- Position the headliner assembly in the vehicle by aligning it at the front of the vehicle over the visor mounting holes, then loosely secure. Install the rear push pins.
- Install the appropriate trim panels.
- Install the coat hooks and covers. Install the assist straps.
- Install all dome and reading lights.
- If equipped, install the roof console.
- Install the sun visors, connecting the electrical wiring, if applicable.
- If removal was necessary, install the front and rear seats.
- Connect the negative battery cable.