REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Unfasten the retaining screws/rivets, then remove the plastic shield.
- Remove the bolts, nuts and washers retaining the seat tracks to the floor. Move the seat fully forward to release the assist spring.
- Remove the seat and track assembly from the vehicle and place on a clean working area.
Use care when handling the seat and track assembly. Dropping the assembly or sitting on the seat while it is not secured in the vehicle may result in damaged components.
- Remove the seat track-to-seat cushion attaching screws. Remove the seat cushion and assist spring from the tracks.
- Remove the seat track release handle.
- If the seat tracks are being replaced, transfer the assist springs and spacers, if so equipped, to the new track assembly.
- Mount the seat tracks to the seat cushion.
- Install the release handle to the tracks.
- Install the seat track-to-seat cushion retaining screws. Tighten the screws to 13-17 ft. lbs. (17-23 Nm).
- Move both seat track pedestals to the full rearward position, then install the assist spring on the outboard side.
- Place the seat assembly into the vehicle, then install the seat over the three studs. Move the seat fully back, making sure both sides lock.
- Install the front inboard bolts, then the front outboard nut. Tighten the nuts to 13-17 ft. lbs. (17-23 Nm). Slide the seat fully forward, making sure that both sides lock.
- Install the outboard and inboard rear nuts, then tighten the inboard nut to 50-68 ft. lbs. (68-92 Nm) and the outboard nut to 13-17 ft. lbs. (17-23 Nm). Make sure both of the latches operate properly.
- Install the plastic track shields, then secure with the screws or new rivets.