REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the door trim panel and the watershield.
- Remove the inner door belt weatherstrip by gently pulling the weatherstrip from the door flange.
Before removing the rivet center pins, a suitable block support should be inserted between the door outer panel and glass to stabilize the glass during rivet pin removal. Use a1/4in. (6mm) diameter drill to drill out the remainder of the rivet, being careful not to enlarge the sheet metal holes or damage the plastic retainer and spacer.
- Remove the glass-to-glass channel bracket attaching rivets.
- Remove the glass stabilizer bracket retaining screw, washer and bracket.
- Lift the glass up between the door belt molding opening, then remove it from the door.
- Fasten the plastic spacer and retainers to the main glass. Install the main glass into the door.
- Secure the glass-to-glass bracket using Heavy Duty Riveter D80L-23200-A or equivalent to install two rivets.
Two1/4-20 x 1 in. bolts along with two1/4-20 nuts and washers may be used as alternates for glass retention. However, their torque must not exceed 36-61 inch lbs. (4-7 Nm).
- Install the inner door belt weatherstrip, using hand pressure to push the weatherstrip onto the door flange.
- Install the glass stabilizer bracket along with the retaining screw and washer. Tighten to 36-61 inch lbs. (4-7 Nm).
- Cycle the glass to insure smooth operation.
- Install the watershield and the door trim panel.
See Figure 2
The rear door glass has in-and-out and fore-and-aft adjustments. The in-and-out adjustment may be accomplished by loosening the two screws in the lower glass bracket assembly and moving the glass in or out as required. The fore-and-aft adjustment is accomplished by loosening the tube run upper screw and washer assembly, as well as the lower nut and washer assembly attaching the rear door run and bracket assembly to the inner door panel, then adjusting the glass fore or aft as required.
When setting the glass to the window opening, lower the glass approximately 2 in. (50mm) from the full-up position with the four retention points loosely installed. Set the glass forward into the B-pillar and tighten the lower run nut and washer number one, followed by numbers two, three and four.