REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the door trim panel and the watershield.
- Remove the door latch shield from the latch, then check all the connections of the remote control links and rods. Service them as necessary.
- Remove the three screws or bolts securing the latch to the rear door.
- Remove the rear door latch bellcrank.
- Remove the screw holding the rear door latch remote control link (with the line retaining clip). Remove the remote control link.
- Remove the rear door latch rod retaining clip from the rear door latch.
- If equipped, remove the rivet from the rear door electric latch actuator, then disconnect the harness.
- Remove the rear door latch, rear door electrical latch actuator, and rear door latch control rod as an assembly from the rear door.
- If installing a new latch, transfer the bushings and retaining clips, along with the electric latch actuator and rear door latch control rod, to the new latch.
- If so equipped, install the clip on the actuator motor.
- Install the remote control slide links onto the latch assembly. Install the latch with the links in the door cavity.
- Position the latch assembly to the door, aligning the screw holes in the latch and door. Install the three screws and tighten to 35-70 inch lbs. (4-8 Nm).
- Install the door latch shield.
- Install the bellcrank to the inner door panel. Install the bellcrank attaching rivet.
- Open and close the door to check the latch component operation.
- Install the watershield and door trim panel.
- Connect the negative battery cable.