REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the door trim panel and the watershield.
- Remove the rear door window, as outlined later in this section.
- Remove the three rivets (manual windows) or four rivets (power windows) attaching the regulator mounting plate assembly to the door inner panel.
Use the access hole in the door inner panel for removal and installation.
- Slide the regulator arm plastic guides out of the C-channel.
- For manual windows, remove the window regulator from door.
- For vehicles equipped with power windows, disengage the wiring connector. Remove the electrical window regulator from the rear door.
- For power windows, remove the bolts retaining the regulator electric drive to the regulator, then remove the electric drive.
- For power windows, install the electric drive to the regulator.
- Install the window regulator through the access hole in the rear door and slide the regulator arm plastic guides into the glass bracket C-channel.
- Install new rivets (part No. 385189-S100 or equivalent) using Heavy Duty Riveter D80L-23200-A or equivalent, or 1 / 4 -20 x 1 / 2 in. screw and washer assemblies to secure the regulator mounting plate to the door inner panel.
- For power windows, engage the electrical wiring connector.
- Cycle the glass to check for smooth operation.
- Install the watershield and the door trim panel. Connect the negative battery cable.