Removal & Installation
Always connect or disconnect the wiring harness connector from the EBCM/EBTCM with the ignition switch in the OFF position. Failure to observe this precaution could result in damage to the EBCM/EBTCM.
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- Clean the electronic brake control module (EBCM) to brake pressure modulator valve (BPMV) area of any accumulated dirt and foreign material.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the EBCM.
- Remove the 4 EBCM-to-BPMV retaining bolts
- Separate the EBCM from the BPMV) by carefully pulling apart.
- Clean the sealing surface of the BPMV, with denatured alcohol and a clean shop cloth.
- Install the EBCM to the BPMV. Use care when aligning the EBCM to the BPMV electrical terminals.
- Install the 4 EBCM-to-BPMV retaining bolts (1). Tighten the bolts in a criss-cross pattern to 27 in. lbs. (3 Nm).
Connect the electrical connector to the EBCM.