Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Remove the transaxle from the vehicle.
- Check the slave cylinder release bearing minimal bearing drag. Replace the slave cylinder if little or drag is found.
Remove the pressure plate and clutch disc.
- Replace the plate, if necessary.
- Replace the disc, if necessary.
- Replace the flywheel, if necessary.
Install or connect the following:
Clutch disc and pressure plate and loosely install the pressure plate bolts
- Tighten the pressure plate bolts in sequence to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm) on all except the MU-3 transmission and tighten to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm) on the MU-3 transmission.
- Remove the alignment tool.
- Lubricate the splines of the input shaft lightly with a high temperature grease.
- Install the transaxle assembly.
Connect the negative battery cable.