Removal & Installation
Only remove the cylinder head when the engine is cold. Warpage may result if the cylinder head is removed while the engine is hot.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Drain the engine oil.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Set the crankshaft to 60 degrees Before Top Dead Center (BTDC) or after Top Dead Center (TDC) to prevent contact between the pistons and valves.
Install or connect the following:
New cylinder head gasket
- Fill the engine with clean oil.
- Fill the cooling system.
- Prime the fuel system by cycling the ignition ON for 5 seconds and OFF for 10 seconds a few times without cranking the engine.
- Start the engine, check for leaks, and repair if necessary.