REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Open the hood and from inside the engine compartment, loosen the clutch cable locknut. Loosen the clutch cable adjusting nut to provide slack in the cable.
- From inside of the vehicle, remove the return spring from the clutch pedal, then disconnect the clutch cable end from the upper end of the clutch pedal arm. If necessary, remove the clutch pedal to accomplish this.
- From the engine compartment, pull the clutch cable out of the hole in the firewall and trace the cable to the mounting bracket.
- Detach the mounting bracket by removing the 2 hold-down bolts.
- Apply the parking brake and block the rear wheels, then raise and safely support the front of the vehicle on jackstands.
- From underneath the vehicle, remove the return spring from the shift fork end.
- Detach the cable from the end of the shift fork.
- Remove the cable from the vehicle.
- Loosely route the clutch cable through the engine compartment as when removed.
- Hook the end of the clutch cable onto the end of the shift fork, then install the return spring.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Situate the cable mounting bracket in place, then install the 2 mounting bolts until snug.
- Insert the other cable end through the hole in the firewall.
- From inside the vehicle, attach the cable to the upper hook on the clutch pedal arm. Install the clutch return spring to the clutch arm and the clutch pedal bracket.
- Once the cable is completely installed, adjust the clutch pedal height, then the clutch cable free-play.
- Remove the wheel blocks and shut the hood.