REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- From inside the vehicle, disconnect the master cylinder pushrod from the clutch pedal.
- Using a flare nut wrench, remove the fluid line from the master cylinder. Immediately plug the clutch fluid line to prevent contamination of the clutch hydraulic system.
- Remove the cylinder retaining bolts from the firewall and remove the cylinder.
- Install the master cylinder to the firewall. Tighten the mounting bolts to 12 ft. lbs. (16 Nm).
- Using a flare nut wrench, install the fluid line to the master cylinder. Make certain not to crossthread the flare fitting in the master cylinder. Start the fitting into the master cylinder first by hand, then tighten the fitting with the flare nut wrench.
- From inside the vehicle, connect the master cylinder pushrod to the clutch pedal.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Bleed the clutch hydraulic system.