REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- Disconnect the pump electrical connector.
- Disconnect the pump vacuum hose.
- Remove the pump.
- Disconnect the inner cables of the actuator from the accelerator pedal.
- Remove the outer cable clips.
- Remove the actuator.
- Reassemble pump and actuator.
Cruise control cables that aren't adjusted properly can cause dangerously high idle conditions.
- Secure the accelerator pedal at the fully returned position (throttle valves fully closed).
- Loosen inside nut (A) and outside nut (B).
- With the outer cable pulled to toward the accelerator pedal so the cable has no play, tighten the inside nut (A) until it just hits the bracket.
- Tighten the outside nut (B) to lock into position.