See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- To test the dropping resistor, check for continuity across the terminals as described in the illustration. If no continuity exists, replace the unit.
- To test the thermo switch, first remove the switch. Submerge the end of the switch in water and raise the temperature gradually. The switch should be off at 126-140°F (53-60°C) or lower. The switch should be on at 134-145°F (57-63°C) or higher. If not, replace the switch.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 5
The glow plugs are located under the injection nozzles, and are threaded into the cylinder head.
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- Disconnect the glow plug and unscrew it from the engine.
- Lubricate with anti-seize compound before installing the plug.
- Install and tighten the plug to 65 ft. lbs. (88 Nm).
- Reconnect the plug wiring.
- Connect the battery cable and check operation.