REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
Disconnecting the negative battery cable on some vehicles may interfere with the functions of the on-board computer systems and may require the computer to undergo a relearning process, once the negative battery cable is reconnected.
The ignition module is sandwiched between the coil pack and retainer bracket.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the coil pack protective cover, if equipped.
- Unfasten the ignition module electrical harness.
- Tag and disconnect the spark plug wiring from the coil pack.
- Remove the ignition module/coil pack assembly retainer bracket screws, then remove the assembly from the engine.
- Remove the coil pack from the ignition module by removing the retainer screws. Separate the ignition module from the coil pack and bracket.
- Install the module to the bracket, and place the ignition coil pack on top of the module.
- Secure the module and coil pack to the bracket using the retainer screws. Tighten the retainer screws to 17 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Install the module/coil assembly to the engine block and tighten the retaining bolts to 15-22 ft. lbs. (20-30 Nm).
- Attach the spark plug wires to the proper coil towers.
- Attach the module electrical connectors.
- Install the protective cover over the coil pack, if equipped.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the vehicle and check for proper engine operation.