REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and safely support the vehicle on jackstands.
- Remove the driveshaft assembly from the vehicle, as described earlier in this section.
- Remove the locknut, then pull the flange off the driveshaft with a gear puller.
- Remove retainer bolt and retainer.
- Remove the supporting ring and cushion rubber.
- Remove the bearing assembly using a gear puller.
- Repack the bearing with multipurpose type grease. Install it into the cushion rubber.
- Install the cushion rubber and support ring onto the driveshaft.
- Install the retainer and retainer bolt.
- Slide the flange onto the driveshaft and draw it into place by tightening the locknut to 90 ft. lbs. (122 Nm).
- Install the driveshaft, as described earlier in this section.
- Lower the vehicle.