REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fender inner liner from above the wheel and tire assembly by removing the retainer screws. If additional access room is needed, raise and support the vehicle on jackstands.
- Tag and disconnect any parking or signal light attached to the fender.
- If the antenna fender is being removed, disassembly the antenna before removing the fender. Refer to the antenna removal and installation procedure in this section for details.
- Remove the radiator grille and front bumper assembly.
- Loosen and remove the retainer screws and bolts from the top of the fender, radiator and door sides and bottom of the fender, behind the tire. Lift the fender up and away from the vehicle.
- Clean any caulking from the mating surfaces. If any rust is present, remove and treat the effected area with a rustproof type paint.
- Apply sealing caulk to the top and sides of the fender. Position the fender to the vehicle and install the retainer screws and bolts hand-tight.
- Align the fender so there is an even gap between the side of the fender and the door, as well as between the fender and hood. Tighten the retainer screws to 11-14 ft. lbs. (14-18 Nm) and the retainer bolts to 13-16 ft. lbs. (17-21 Nm).
- If removed, install the antenna or power antenna.
- Install the radiator grille and front bumper assembly. Refer to the procedures in this section.
- Attach any signal or parking light unfastened earlier. Install the fender under cover and secure in place with retainer screws. Lower the vehicle if raised earlier.
- Connect the negative battery cable.